School Mission, Beliefs and Vision
Clyde Riggs Elementary School facilitated a consensus-building process in developing its beliefs and mission statement. The teachers, administration, staff and parents were involved in developing our school’s mission and beliefs.
Our mission is to provide and promote excellence in learning for all students in a safe and caring environment.
- We believe that effective and regular communication between all school stake holders plays a vital role in the success of our school.
- We believe that students, faculty, staff, parents and visitors should be treated with respect.
- In order to promote a sense of self worth and a commitment to life-long learning, we believe that individual differences should be respected.
- We believe that students need a sense of belonging and that by building their sense of belonging we can increase their learner ownership and their learning.
- We believe that students will learn best when taught using a variety or research-based teaching methods.
- We believe that by regular and systematic review and evaluation of our policies and programs, we can continue our growth toward excellence.
- We believe students should be provided with a safe and comfortable learning environment.
Our vision is to communicate high expectations to all our students while guiding them to learn independently, to work cooperatively, and to practice mutual respect.
The Clyde Riggs Elementary learning community is dedicated to enacting the mission statement, beliefs, and vision by continuing to stress the importance of student learning to its highest potential.